Sunday, March 29, 2009

The truth of our existence


I’m pregnant. (Please check out this link.) If you don’t believe me- here is the test to prove it.
I’m 12 weeks along and that has been a great feat for me. Reid and I both are very excited, nervous and perplexed. I know Reid will be a great dad and I’m hoping I will be a great mom as well. In order to avoid a barrage of questions that no doubt follow an announcement like this- I will answer them for you here.

How far along are you: 12 weeks. Hooray- I have made it through the
three worst/best months of my life.

Have you been sick: Yes. Very very sick. I didn’t know it was possible
to feel like this 24/7- why do they even call it morning sickness? I
looked around my house today and almost cried at how things have just
fallen by the wayside. Normally my house is spotless but it all could
use a good scrubbing. I have the best husband who has taken up a few
new responsibilities temporarily and has for the most part been very
patient.

Was it planned: How rude of you to ask. But since you did- yes this
was planned, as much as you can plan a pregnancy.

Are you going to find out the sex: Yes. Although I do love surprises-
this is one I feel I’d like to prepare for.

Do you want a boy or a girl: I want both. Normally I believe people
lie when they say that- but here are my reasons. Pros for a boy: Reid
is the namesake. And I don’t mean in just Reid’s family- but his
entire family (no pressure) so having a boy would relieve a lot of
pressure. Pros for a girl: I want a girl.

Are you excited: No not at all. Of course we are!!!

Have you been to the doctor yet: No. I’m not using a doctor- I’m using
a midwife. Call me crazy but I want a personal birth experience and I
believe this is the best way to obtain it. But I have been to see our
midwife and we got an ultrasound and the baby waved. I kid you not.

Where are you delivering: LDS Hospital

Will you work after having your baby: Of course I would love to be a
stay at home mom- and someday that will happen for me- but for now
Reid and I have dreams and goals we are striving to achieve and that
will require me to continue working after the birth of our first baby.

Have you had any cravings: Well I had cravings before I was pregnant
but now they are magnified. Some of my cravings have been: waffles,
Taco Bell, KFC, mashed potatos, spaghettios, thanksgiving dinner,
fruit and fruit flavored candy- and anything gummy (specifically gummy
froggies), and many other random things.

Have you had any aversions: Ha. Any time I am going to eat I have to
stop and think- could I eat that? And if the thought makes me want to
barf then the answer is no. But my weirdest aversion has been homemade
cookies- or really any cookies for that matter. And chocolate. Which
has been a bummer since I bought ten boxes of Girl Scout cookies and
can’t really eat them.

Well, I think that’s it for now. It’s nice to be able to tell people
now. I kept it a secret for a long time- even from my family who we
told at 10 weeks, because I was scared and superstitious. It’s an
exciting time in our lives and something that has brought us closer
together. Our relationship has definitely changed since we found out
we were having a baby and definitely for the better- not that it was
bad before. This is something neither of us have ever experienced and
I’m so grateful to be going through all this with him.

5 comments:

  1. congrats!!!!!!!! first, i didn't know you had this blog, i have to catch up. second, i am so darn excited for you guys it's unreal! third, thanks for answering all my questions, i really would have asked them all! well except the were you planning because i agree, that's rude. but i am glad you answered it ;) fourth i am still so excited i can barely stand it! let us know what the sex is. you should put up a poll so we can vote. that's always fun! wish i was telling you this in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Congrats!! If you ever need anything, I am right next door (and usually, pathetically, home)so just let me know!! Good luck and hopefully you start feeling better soon!! My advice (and I am sure everyone will give some to you) is that if you are barfing a lot, eat applesauce because it tastes the same coming back up as it did going down. I know, gross, but true and useful in time when you can't keep anything down and not to crush any hopes, but that time for me STARTED at 14 weeks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously the 3rd friend this week announcing a pregnancy, after like 5 friends giving birth this month. It's crazy!

    Ok, but your pregnancy is the most special :) Congratulations!!! It was really cool reading about it all so far. I hope you're feeling better. I don't think you're crazy about having a more personal birthing experience. Have you seen The Business of Being Born? It's a little brainwashing and totally makes me want to have a midwife and no drugs and use a tub at home and everything. Really though, it's very informative and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know a ton of people announcing their pregnancies!!!! It's crazy!!! And I did totally watch that movie and it did brainwash me. I wanted a waterbirth so bad- but LDS will not allow it- and my insurance won't cover a birth unless it's done in a hospital. But thanks Hilary, Heather and Whitney!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarye. I kind of feel like a jerk that I didn't know you had a personal blog in addition to DottingTheMap. So, today - I notice this link and I was all, "what the?" So, that's my first half of the comment - sorry I'm a dork for not knowing about THIS blog.

    Okay, second order of business - you're for really real expecting?! Congratulations!! I can't believe it! I'm so excited for you!! Truly, I rarely use this many exclamation points in communicating ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete