Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summertime.

Last night as I watched Mr. F water our already dying grass I thought how grateful I was for it to be summer and how blessed we are. I thought back to a few summers ago- the summer of 2004. THis happened to be the summer that we met. I thought how easy it would have been for us to have NOT met. What if Christine hadn't forced Sarah and I to move in with her at dumpy birch apartments. What if Reid hadn't decided to go to school in the summer since he was on the Fall/Winter track and had no intentions of going to school in the Fall. What if he hadn't chosen to live at the apartments in our student ward. If just one of those things had changed would we be married today? Then I think what if he hadn't taken the time to get to know me. I in no way was willing to chase a boy when I was too focused on playing with my friends. Where would we be today? Maybe we wouldn't be married and I wouldn't be pregnant with his baby and who knows where we would be living. But I'm grateful that we are together and I'm grateful for that summer. That summer has led to many great summers- and I am hoping that it will be no different this year. Our last summer together babyless.

1 comment:

  1. And if none of that ever would have happened, I would have never met Brandon, so I am sooo grateful everything turned out the way it should have! And if I would have not married Brandon, then Nachelle would have never met Mikey! See all the happiness you two have caused?!!

    ReplyDelete