Sunday, January 4, 2009

From my KitchenAid to yours....


I have a pink KitchenAid and I love it. It brings me great joy. It also brings my hubby's tummy great joy. I love chocolate chip cookies but I try to spice things up a little bit here and there with new cookie recipes. I found this one called hidden treasure cookies- where it's a basic peanut butter cookie with a snicker bar tucked inside. They are so good! They do turn out really big so I would suggest using the smaller bars instead of the fun size bars. Here is the recipe- enjoy!

Hidden Treasure Cookies:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 fun size snicker bars

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F

2. Combine sugars, butter, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.

3. Add flour, baking powder, bakng soda and salt to creamed mixture and mix well.

4. Shape about 1/4 cup cookie dough evenly around each candy bar covering completely.

5. Arrange cookies 4 inches apart on baking sheets.

6. Bake until golden- about 14 minutes. Cook on baking sheets for about ten minutes and trasfer to wire racks to cool completely.

If you are using the smaller snickers I would cut cooking time to about nine minutes but watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment